April Danann

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527

www.aprildanann.com

Tuesday 23 July 2013

Memory of Water....Herbal Cordials


Better then ice cream on a hot summers day….I’ve discovered frozen lemon slices, soaked in Elder Flower Cordial…..yes, I’ve done it now. This is my new passion! So, even though some of those hot hazy (is this really Ireland?) days are now behind us, little weekend summer treats are not…..

I have made a few bottles of cordial – sold out my Elderflower cordial at the market stall, but will have some other summer flavours – which we have enjoyed to the full over these past few weeks. They are endlessly versatile….

I have been doing the traditional summer treat by putting a splash of cordial into still or sparkling water for a quick refreshing drink. But, I find myself using them more and more… a friend adds a healthy portion to his homemade apple cider….the Elderflower as well as my Lemon Verbena & Orange cordials are also great (the word here is decadent!) spooned over vanilla ice cream or added to cakes and buns.

A chilled glass of homemade dandelion wine gets a boost with some cordial of any kind and there is nothing like Mint & Thyme cordial to pick up your mood as well as the immune function. Almost any recipe can be transformed with few spoonful of this herbal elixir – the combinations are practically endless. 

Of course….my favourite part is that I get to make a delicious drink with the awesome energy of nature built into every drop. This healing vibrational signature and goodness is sealed into the memory of water when each herb is worked with in the most gentle way.

Summer is all about nature inside and out!

April


No comments:

Post a Comment