April Danann

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527

www.aprildanann.com

Wednesday 19 June 2013

My Secret Garden.....A Healthy Gut


I have been fasting this week…so not much in the way of cooking right now (except making loads of sourdough breads!) however I have been doing lots of thinking about food (what else is new?) and pondering some revamped recipes for our upcoming Mid Summer feast.

In case you have not been checking the calendar this Friday at 5:04am in Ireland is the summer solstice…the longest day of summer and a great reason to have a feast! It is also the full moon within a couple of days and is quite a magical time for us all.

We have been planning our menu over this past week or so….but this time it keeps wavering. No one is really set on exactly what they would like to have – just food and lots of it! LOL

Perhaps it’s because we have not done any really long fasts this time around – just many little ones for less then 5 days or so. Or maybe there is something else at work here….

Remember how I have been mentioning that our guts have reset, changed, altered and the internal landscape is now a completely different place? (Since our mother of all cleanses in March) Well…just maybe this has everything to do with what is taking place on the table right now, so to speak.

Our menu is changing because the gut bacteria and other internal intestinal organisms have done a complete shift – they are growing and in place now. I think of it in terms of my ‘new’ internal mother culture – only this one works with me, loves me, heals and uplifts me.

Whereas before (like for the rest of my entire life) these organisms were either not present or not in significant numbers to influence me in entirely positive, healthful ways. And most importantly – what was in place was not working with me and certainly not for my benefit.

I finally feel as if I have my gut sorted – the ground-work has been laid and my inner garden is growing. Now….the most difficult task ahead of me is to decide what to have on each of these feast days!

April

No comments:

Post a Comment