April Danann

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527

www.aprildanann.com

Wednesday 11 March 2015

Cinnamon Seaweed Chicken Soup - Immune Booster!

Today I have a cold. Actually, I've had a cold for the past few days and I am thoroughly sick of breathing through my mouth, sleeping (or not) with three pillows and all the aches & pains that go along with it.

Ok. Enough complaining....because, I am also aware of so much more that my body is doing right now with this glorious cold (did I just say that?!). I can actually feel my immune system revving up, like a great engine waking up after it's winter slumber. 

My lymph nodes are 'active' and my thymus gland is busy rushing T-cells around my body to root out nasties that have lingered during our hibernation. Well, not that we've been staying inside, we have really had some lovely warm weather this entire winter and I have been out in the tunnels and garden since January...but you know what I mean! 

Winterish weather though is pretty well over - the flowers are all blooming (at least they were until the goats got out into the drive way and ate all mine) the bees are flying and the leaves are coming out. It's spring and quite often that means a great head full of snot! 

In honour of all of these bugs & viruses that are making their unrelenting rounds - I've made a Cinnamon Seaweed Chicken Soup and am busy enjoying every morsel in the clinic today. It has been a very busy week but I have finally found a day where I can nourish myself and hopefully give my body what it needs to boost my immune system and be ready for this new season.

When I make chicken soup.......

I like to bake the chicken (whole) first until it nearly falls apart.....then with my pot of lovely root vegetables (today I used sweet potato, celeriac, carrot, turnip, onion, garlic) bubbling away I add  a generous amount of seaweed (dillisk), the chicken and spices. I love cumin, cinnamon, black pepper and fresh parsley from the garden at this time of year, it tastes lovely with this mixture of vegetables. 

Tiffin with Cinnamon Seaweed Chicken Soup

1 comment:

  1. Ok...

    What I'm going to tell you might sound really weird, and maybe even kind of "supernatural"

    WHAT if you could simply click "Play" to LISTEN to a short, "musical tone"...

    And miraculously attract MORE MONEY to your LIFE?

    And I'm talking about thousands... even MILLIONS of DOLLARS!

    Sounds way too EASY? Think it couldn't possibly be REAL?

    Well, Let me tell you the news..

    Sometimes the most significant blessings life has to offer are the EASIEST!

    Honestly, I will PROVE it to you by allowing you to PLAY a REAL "magical wealth building tone" I've produced...

    You simply push "Play" and watch money coming right into your life. starting so fast, you will be surprised.

    CLICK here NOW to PLAY this mysterious "Miracle Wealth Building Sound Frequency" - it's my gift to you!

    ReplyDelete