April Danann

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527

www.aprildanann.com

Thursday 14 February 2013

Rebel Foods Cookery Day 17 February in West Cork

Cooking is my stress reliever - I couldn't imagine going a day without spending at least some of it in the kitchen creating a dish out of the things I might have on hand. Of course, it is also the basis for a healthy diet and lifestyle...

So, this is the place for everyone to begin whenever you feel the need to make some positive changes in your life. I have mentioned it before how when I first got going with bringing my diet and eating habits into line, I made one healthy change each week.

And I started out in a simple way - with one meal at a time. For me, breakfast was the most logical place to start while it remains the easiest meal (in my opinion) to alter, while you can have great tasting foods on offer at the same time. 

It was the best place to start because, our first meal had become a disaster. When ever I think of each of the commercial 'foods' being pushed in our directions - and especially those geared towards breakfast - I see sugar, salt and fat filled meals. 

Cereals in a box, for instance, have long been known to be far less nutritious then the cardboard packaging they are in. Yet, how many people (and children) only feel they have time to open a box and little else each morning...

However, no meal has to sink below the water line when it comes to nutrition - and certainly not the first, most important meal of the day. If you would like to make, taste and know what a foodie slash nutritionist eats to start the day....

Come on out to see for yourself! 

Where: Leap, West Cork
When: Sunday 17 February 2013 (11am to 3pm)
How: contact April on 087 2361616
Cost: €40 for the class, food, recipes and notes
Why: Because this is the best place to start!

Perhaps it's time to make a couple of changes to your diet - what better way, than to be motivated with easy recipes, some fun with food and lively conversation.... getting back to what is real with a Food Rebel!

All growth starts with a seed....

No comments:

Post a Comment