April Danann

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527

www.aprildanann.com

Saturday 9 February 2013

Super Foods

I have been asked lately what foods would I consider to be super foods...and I know many people would immediately list off several wonderful foods - such as kale, broccoli, onions and fish. And each of these are wonderful - I eat them as often as I can. 

But there are a couple that really jump out for me - I would use them exclusively for their healing or energy shifting ability and then marvel at the successes I have had because of them. 

I would have to start with herbs, I use and enjoy many different ones - both dried and fresh, but there is one stands alone from this kingdom for me and that would be garlic. I simply love this food, remedy, herb and all round great healer.

Personally I have seen garlic work miracles in my own body, for my children and for many others around me as they literally astound themselves by healing without 'meds' while using garlic and a healing diet. 

The other super food - is perhaps something no one really considers that much at least not in the way I think they should...and that is water. Water is an essential element, and yes I would also have it listed as a food and it makes up the basis of my own food pyramid.

You cannot live without water. Absolutely every body function, process and system requires water to operate. And your body cannot cleanse, detox, heal, or eliminate debris when you are water deficient. This food is so important even your brain shrinks when there isn't enough to go around.

Other than that - a super food for me would be anything home made - sugar free, additive and toxin free, then carefully prepared by someone who enjoys working with food. Believe me, you can taste the difference...

April 

Fruit salad is a good place to start...

No comments:

Post a Comment