April Danann

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527

www.aprildanann.com

Thursday 27 December 2012

Raise Your Vibration With Food

Here we are right in the middle of the Solstice - Christmas - Yule - New Years season and it all feels great so far. Or does it? How are you feeling right now, really? Do you feel over stuffed, full, heavy, like your digestion has stopped moving all together and generally yukky?

Yesterday I saw someone had written a Christmas greeting to their friends - 'Happy Bloated Christmas' and it got me thinking or more precisely remembering how I used to feel during this time of the year. Bloated, tired, achy, tight, stiff, sick, stagnant - you name it, however even with all the negative feelings floating around..... 

I never once put down how I was feeling to wickedness, evil or dark energy being sent my way from some of the people I was associated with. And these were my 'family' or friends!! But what was far worse, this was supposed to be a great time of plenty (food, drink and people) and this was relatively normal.

The back biting, gossip, negative comments, ridicule, bullying, maligning, two facedness and general wickedness - and that was just with family members in a small circle of people. I could not be part of this (even if I was not participating, I was still condoning it by my presence) and still maintain a healthy spiritual connection within myself.

How sad was all of that?

So, what I have done for well over a decade now since I walked (ran!) away from all of that - is a few different things. Of course I cut ties and stayed away from people who pulled me down, used my energy or spread negativity around in any way. 

But the bigger part of this cleanup was I completely changed my diet, my habits and my lifestyle into something far more suitable for a person walking a spiritual path. The irony here is that most of the changes I have made over the years have come about because of the behavior I saw around the Christmas season. 

Besides, all of this negativity around was causing me to eat all the dark, low vibration food that was showing up at my place in the hands of those same people (sound familiar?). Empty dead food which is devoid of life force is a vessel for this evil energy. 

And when we feel awful for one reason or another - what kinds of foods would we be tempted to turn to for comfort? That's right - the sugary, dead, highly processed and chemical containing low (or no) vibration foods.

So for me, when I let go of the one side of this equation (the dead end relationships), I also had to clean up the poor relationship with this kind of food. In fact one went out the door with the other....

And in it's place ever since has been a energy that has been healing, filling up with goodness, good will and happiness. It takes time to build a life around you and raise your physical vibration - but don't let that stop you - start with something kind and compassionate (organic wholesome food) and take it from there! 

April

Wholesome goodies - nut butter, oatmeal raisin and molasses ginger cookies (organic, spelt, whole grain, sugar free)

No comments:

Post a Comment