April Danann

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527

www.aprildanann.com

Sunday 30 December 2012

Magic Bullets....For Colds, Bugs & Flu

I've done a lot of research over the years on garlic - but it's not that I want to mention. It's the fact that I have taken oodles of garlic in one form or another to cure any infection, inflammation, upset, issue, problem or what have you....

I love this stuff!

This week the cold I had ended up moving into my sinuses and staying put. Of course for the first couple of days or so, I was so busy with Solstice and Christmas preparations that I was in a bit of denial about it all.

Then on my third day of feeling tired and headachy I knew I had to do something because it was now an infection in my sinuses. So, what does a Medical Intuitive do with a sinus infection? Mostly, I keep going, I did not change my Yoga habit or my holiday cheer (eating lots!) although I did alter the types of exercise I was doing.

And since I have long been steering clear of any type of medication or antibiotic (because I know these don't work and are the scourge of the earth, doing far more harm then good) - my medicine is always herbs, food, exercise, fresh air and rest when needed. 

With this is mind. I add raw garlic to the mix - over the years I have found it easiest to get it into me in guacamole on small crackers. And I have been known to take up to 28 cloves in a single day (tooth abscess) but usually 5 to 7 will do the trick.

My method is simple, take the garlic (must be raw, crushed, allowed to stand for 10 minutes) a few cloves (this week about 7 each day) and blend these into the guacamole. Eat this throughout the day (until I am tired of it!) and then sleep.

Within a few hours of starting this 'medicine' - my head starts to clear, and I feel better. But, I don't stop yet because 72 hours are key for the first round. Once I have done the first 72 hours then I take a break of a day or two and go right back for another 72 hours of garlic.

What I have found over the years (I have taken only garlic for everything from a uterine infection to kidney infection) is that the garlic has an intelligence of it's own. It has been shown to target the site of inflammation directly and starts working immediately.

Garlic is also a herb with powerful anti bacterial, anti viral and anti fungal properties. Yet, because it is a food your body treats it like that and it only goes after the 'problem' while not disturbing your internal balance of beneficial bacteria.

To accompany this I also increase and find ways to put more herbs in my diet - I might make a tea with lemon balm and this past week I added elderberry to the turkey stuffing, sage, thyme, rosemary, and fresh parsley to nearly everything....breads, rices, meats, fish and so forth. 

Each of these herbs (and foods) boost immune function and support the work of the body during the inflammatory process. 

There is always a better, safer and healthier way to heal your body while removing the source of the inflammation - instead of pushing it into the tissues (which is what modern medicine is known to do). Like any other dark energy (energy vampire), you want to draw it up and out while rendering it harmless in the process and there is not one thing that does this better then garlic.

April
Garlic Guacamole 

No comments:

Post a Comment