April Danann

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527

www.aprildanann.com

Tuesday 1 January 2013

New Years' Food Resolution

I haven't posted much about how to cook a turkey - I just assume most people would know how to do that and wouldn't need me to go on about it here...but I did see something over the holidays that got me thinking differently...

One rare day, I opened up the newspaper (we buy them for arts projects!) to a food section which caught my eye and saw how the writer of the article was explaining in great detail how to make a stuffing for turkey.

In particular she was talking about how to make stale bread, using the white stuff from a shop. Well, to say the least - it got a chuckle out of me!! LOL

Who needs to know how to make stale bread...any left over bread (after 2 or 3 days) will be 'stale' --- and if it's not, it's most likely the kind that doesn't rot and you should not be eating that rubbish anyway. And certainly not ruining your turkey with it.

As a matter of fact there appears to be quite a few things that people are 'needing' to be told about this time of year, not the least of which is what, how and when to eat. I don't know where this is all coming from, it's as if something has switched off inside of everyone's brains and now, no one remembers how to cook.

If you are wanting to remember how to cook or to get back into this age old art - start with something simple. Or better still, something you like (and no, sugar and chocolate don't count) such as a soup, stew or baking some healthy muffins.

In fact, this is a marvelous place to begin your new year - perhaps in the form of a resolution - be determined to cook far more, to make more meals from scratch and to get reintroduced to your kitchen. It really is the centre of the home and all good feelings should stem from this place...

Your gut, your digestion, your mind, body and soul will thank you for it,

April

My daughter waiting for her dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment