April Danann

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527

www.aprildanann.com

Thursday 24 January 2013

A Day With Food....

It was a food day today....we had food everywhere and I loved every minute of it! Of course, I did not taste anything, but I have made these dishes long enough and often enough to know exactly how to get them right. 

Even though I am still deep into my detox, it is no deterrent to cooking, baking and appreciating others' enjoying good food. Cooking is an art - or at least it should be and in some places it is considered as such with only those who truly have an affinity towards it, handling and preparing the meals.

Yet, I remember times in my own life where I would have lulls in even wanting to prepare and handle food. There were days (months) when I could not imagine chopping vegetables or spending any time preparing something nourishing.

And so I did not - instead I would have ordered a take away, or had some other prepared meal that was more salt, sugar and preservatives then any real ingredients. Not to mention being made entirely by machines in factories churning out 'product' by the metric ton.

A day like today served as a gentle (fun!) reminder of how far I have come in my own life and along my food journey gaining a real education in not only preparing great food from only vegetables and a little fish or meat - but also knowing where this food comes from.

Perhaps my next step in this process is to expand my own garden now, to endeavour to grow and produce even more of these items myself. Only then will my learning be complete. 

Next Cookery Class this Sunday!!

April

Rosemary Sea salt bread....

No comments:

Post a Comment