April Danann

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527

www.aprildanann.com

Thursday 31 January 2013

Coming Into Chocolate Zombie Season....

I wanted to wade into the melee here on the subject of chocolate - that's right, that dark, sugary, sweet stuff that we are told is supposedly the nectar of the god's. Well, I for one don't eat it, don't believe it and have been there done that - when it comes to all manner of it.

It bothers me quite a bit to read people's blogs and then read published research again and again on how good this 'food' is for us. How full of this vitamin and that mineral chocolate tends to be and the many options we have to 'take our chocolate'.

If you want to know what I think about it - from a Medical Intuitive perspective, well, keep reading. Otherwise, stop now - because I am going to get graphic.... LOL. Just kidding - but I would like to give you some idea of the energetics of this bean.

So, we have the cocoa bean from which chocolate is derived. It grows on a tree - all you've got to do is watch Dora the Explorer to know you can shake that tree and get chocolate bars raining down like manna from heaven.

And that's one of the problems I have with this so-called treat....it is pushed, peddled, plied, spoon-fed, and even bottle fed to our children starting in the cradle. Everyone is a chocolate pusher - your first birthday cake should be triple fudge and dripping with sugar.

You with me so far? 

Then we move on from there to our teens - munching chocolate for the odd treat until hormones, self consciousness and personality confuse the body and mind. Then, as we 'grow up', for many of us, this 'treat' becomes a meal, a craving and a means to an end in itself.

Chocolate is a drug. Yes it contains caffeine (I am told it is less then coffee) but that's not the point - the point is it contains several ingredients which, when combined within the bodies of many of us, act to stupify, numb and otherwise feed into addictive patterns.

I know and meet many people who cannot stop eating chocolate - have drugged themselves silly every night for years, waking up the next day feeling like a stoned chocolate zombie. This cycle has been stuck on 'repeat' every time they feel they can't cope with...well, anything.

I said I would mention chocolate from an intuitive perspective; what it does is push down human sexuality. Not a bad thing you might be saying...well, it is when sexuality comes with and is linked to,  creativity, life force, spirituality and all those little chemical messengers related to health and well being called hormones.

To be honest, I get tired of reading the merits and benefits of eating 2 squares of chocolate a day. And I hardly know anyone who can keep such an addiction at that level. Besides, just because a drug is legal, doesn't mean it's good for us - 

Personally, I don't touch it - I wouldn't let anything interfere with my experience here on this journey. And I certainly don't want to spend my life in a drug induced haze or looking like a chocolate bunny...

April 

Cat watching from the shadows...

No comments:

Post a Comment