April Danann

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527

www.aprildanann.com

Wednesday 29 August 2012

A Lot Has Changed...

After this last Master Cleanse, I am still taking stock of how I feel physically while I examine each of the differences in my body, mind and life. Some changes are easily noticeable, while others are less obvious, and have sort of snuck up on me during the time I have been clearing out my diet even further.

One of the most interesting things to mention at the beginning is my diet is organic, clean, with many years as either vegan or vegetarian and even now - the majority of the foods I do eat are plant based.

So, this is what I came up with....

As I was pondering the changes that are taking place for us because we have decided to further remove any and all remaining processed items from our diets, I found they could be divided into two distinct categories. 

One main area of change was primarily physical with several places I have noticed over these past few weeks where I actually 'feel' different
  • more energy - overall I feel brighter and have more energy to get through each day, I am not any busier either, even with some extra cooking, it has been quite enjoyable to be honest
  • eating less - perhaps this is a result of better food, or because homemade food is richer, but I find myself full sooner, needing less to eat and generally not overeating 
  • clearer, smoother, softer skin - my skin has changed quite a bit over the years, deep detoxing has also improved it considerably, but now, it is also softer as well as smooth, as if it is well hydrated
  • better digestion - my digestion should be pretty good after all these years of eating well, however I do notice an improvement and my intuition tells me that my absorption is better
  • senses - I have mentioned this a few times these past few days, and I can't say it enough, each of my senses (including my eyes) are stronger, sharper, better 

The other areas of significant change have been found on a day to day basis, sometimes I hardly notice it, I just seem to have broadened my interests and 'feel' differently about the same situations which would have bothered me even a few weeks ago. 
  • creativity increased - in general I am finding ways to be more creative, with my children, in my writing, around the house and in the garden
  • saving money - I definitely have noticed a reduction in the overall spending on food since we started making all of our own items, we are shopping far less
  • food security - as a Clinical Nutritionist, I have a need to know exactly what is in the food and what my children are eating, and now I know, because I make it ALL myself 
  • more organized - with the use of additional glass jars, using up storage space and generally moving things around, this has prompted me to be far more organized in the kitchen as well as to know exactly what is on hand when it comes to food
  • energy is clearer in mind and body - looking back over these past 2 months or so, even though I only removed a few items from our diets, I am getting the desired results within my energy field, it looks and feels brighter

These are only some of the places and ways I have found to have changed during these last few weeks since embarking on really making every possible effort to remove the remaining processed or factory made foods from our immediate food chain.

I think it is quite impressive! All along I would have felt I was doing a superior job feeding myself and my family - yet, there are always ways to improve and of course the benefits have been tremendous. 

These are early days yet, so who knows how I will feel in the coming months as time moves on...it will only get better!

Have a healthy day,

April


One of my favourite meals - turmeric rice with vegetables

No comments:

Post a Comment