April Danann

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527

www.aprildanann.com

Tuesday 7 August 2012

More About Herbs

Today I am fasting and not cooking meals, however I have a pile of fruit that needs to be made into jams and I hope to get to that later today. Right now I am enjoying this post feast feeling of quietness after a big weekend.

I am also sipping away on a herbal tea blend that I made up for myself last night in my clinic. When I was making up some teas, it got me thinking about how I go about using herbs, selecting them and just knowing which ones need to be used and when.

My own herbal tea blend
For me, as an intuitive, I just 'know' what is right, often without needing to know why - our bodies often choose the medicine but also sometimes the herbs choose us. My daughter talks to the herbs in our garden all the time (I have an extensive medicinal herb garden) and explains to me how to listen to them.

Of course, this is something that I have been doing for a long time - and it is refreshing to see and hear from a child's perspective, because it reminds me of many things that I now take for granted. These herbs are part of our legacy as humans, we have evolved and developed together with many plants whose medicine is the only language our cells speak.

Marigold in the garden
My approach to using and blending herbs is quite different to other people because of this fact - I remember them from lifetimes I have lived and worked using herbs. But, I also hear them, feel their vibration and understand something deeper about the way energy medicine is meant to be. To me this is their magic...

All things have a vibration (even if it's a stolen one like plastic) at least at the beginning of it's life and this is what we are working with when we ingest, digest and absorb properties such as vitamins, minerals and plant chemicals especially from the highly refined energies in herbs. 

It is this vibration that can be altered, changed, interfered with and in many ways broken (the same as our own energy fields) during processing, handling, shipping and yes, through negativity. The higher your own vibration raises through diet change, exercise, spiritual clearing and detox, the more sensitive you are to energetic frequency, especially from food and anything that you might ingest.

When using herbs as medicine, they will work far better when they are handled lovingly, gently and not processed by machines. The processing of our 'foods' has taken over everything but equally has far reaching consequences when it comes to the use of herbs. 

Well, off to make some more tea with gently handled herbs!

April


My packet of herbs with my own blend using gingko, elder flower, marigold, chamomile and dandelion

No comments:

Post a Comment