April Danann

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527

www.aprildanann.com

Monday 27 August 2012

Warm bread, Pumpkin soup and Date squares...

Today we are slowly getting back to some soft foods after fasting for 10 days during our Master Cleanse - this is always a lovely day for me because right now my senses are still really sharp from the all the detoxing.

I can smell, taste and feel each food more deeply, all the subtle notes and flavours roll around with each bite - it is a great feeling to enjoy good homemade food knowing everything I am eating is good for me and nourishing.

Late last night I had dates on my mind so much, I decided to finally listen to them calling - I ended up making some great smelling date squares, which of course I couldn't eat until just now, I had a small bite of one. It is divine. There is something decadent about dates, combine them with the subtle tastes of toasted oats, butter and spices and this is close to heaven for me! 

Date squares piled on a plate - calling my name! 
I actually hadn't made them in quite a while, but now have my orders to make them far more often. Perhaps I will make another batch this week with a little twist of orange flavours for something different.

Early this morning I also made my bread, this is something I do most days, I even make honey oat spelt bread fairly regularly, however, once again tonight as everyone had a slice of the bread, it was as if it tasted so wonderful. Even better than usual.

It has not got me wondering if perhaps our taste buds have been extra cleaned out or something from this last 10 days, more so than usual for us after a detox. Something is different and this food tastes great! Just as I wrote this I realized the one thing now different! LOL

The last few vestiges of processed foods such as mustard, mayonnaise, jams etc. which were getting into our diets have been gone for some weeks now. Might this be making such a dramatic difference to our palates? Possibly.

For our soft, easily digested dinner tonight, I had soaked azduki beans, added lots of vegetables but mostly pumpkin, spiced it a little as this gently cooked - and then we all really enjoyed a nourishing bowl of pumpkin soup. 

All the food today tasted fabulous - can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!

Have a healthy day,

April


Pumpkin and azduki bean soup - lovely flavours and tastes

No comments:

Post a Comment