April Danann

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527

www.aprildanann.com

Thursday 20 September 2012

It's About Time

Today was our first day back to a little food after the Master Cleanse - and some real cooking for me. On the transition days I usually feel pretty good and want to have a little nibble of things as I go. Today, I was busy with a few other jobs around the house, but one thing in particular surprised me...

I was busy in the house with chores, as well as outside in the garden working away on getting my herbs sorted for the winter. I have been cutting, drying and storing herbs for teas and cooking. I was mainly drinking smoothies all day but still had meals to cook for the children.

It always surprises me how much I can get done once I put my mind to it - perhaps this is an outcome from doing these detoxes? But today this went a little further. When lunch time came I was preparing a sweet potato mung bean stew for the kids,  when it was announced they also wanted crackers to go along with it.

My first thought was, no it will take too much time - but then, I quickly let that go and said, ok, why not. While the stew was cooking, I managed to organize, mix and prepare, rolled out and put a pan full of spelt crackers in the oven. 

Then were done in just over 25 minutes - right around the time the stew was turned off to cool down. I was a little amazed it was so quick, so easy! It took me about 10 minutes to assemble all the ingredients and pop them in the oven. The longest part was the baking.

Then later in the day, I had to go out around dinner time, however they had their big meal at lunch so, I wanted something quick to give them as a snack. Once again I looked at the clock, made a quick decision and launched into making goat's cheese muffins for them.

Once I had the ingredients mixed and ready to put into the muffin pan, I made the realization that for some unknown reason, a few weeks ago, I had thought that particular recipe a little complicated. Not anymore! It was so simple and straight forward.

Of course, in less than half an hour (20 minutes in the oven for muffins) there we were waiting for muffins to cool for some tuna toppings. A wholesome ready made snack.

Today, I saw how I had changed, my mindset has shifted, these things are not a challenge to me or taking up too much time, any longer. This is just cooking, eating, living my life, and I have all the time in the world to live life. 

Have a healthy day,

April


Spelt and oat crackers

No comments:

Post a Comment