April Danann

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527

www.aprildanann.com

Monday 12 November 2012

Detox Season is Upon Us...

Today is a great day to once again take stock - it's always nice to look back and observe our progress during a period of time perhaps to remind ourselves that change, movement and new energy is taking place even when it doesn't feel like it.

When we are making healthy changes to our diet and lifestyle - it is important to not let things get old, stale or boring. Keep making changes, learning and gaining ground within yourself as each week moves on.

I was just sitting here thinking of how far I have come since this time last year - this was actually the date I started a 40 day detox last year which took me up to 21 December just in time for the Solstice which started on the 22. 

It was quite a hike that one, but we did it and felt great for so many months afterwards LOL. I honestly don't think I will ever forget so many things about those 40 days as they must have shifted my life in some huge way.

I have not felt, thought or been the same since. My thinking is now far more along the lines of day by day, making overall plans and being prepared but take each moment as it comes. And it wasn't even about letting go of control either...

For me, there appears to be an even deeper level of control now or the meaning, axis of control has shifted somewhat and it is more in my own hands now. Each of these fasts I have completed since that time - have allowed me to keep moving forward as well as to maintain a high level of focus.

Right now this is once again 'Detox Season' - the best time of year to detox is now. The lining of our guts is at it's thinnest, the season at it's darkest with lots of space for deep clearing. This is perhaps the worst time to over indulge and get all Christmasy - save that for when it comes!

For far too many years I remember succumbing to the hype - the pre Christmas Dinners, the parties, the hoopla - so premature that by the time the Solstice season rolled around we were nearly sick and tired of it all.

For nearly 2 decades now I have refused to do much of anything in terms of getting into the spirit until the week or two before Solstice. I want to really enjoy the entire season to be part of the energy of excitement, renewal and festivity. I do not want to live it all now and be worn out by the marketing machines. It all means far too much to me to spoil it in this way. 

So, for now I will carry on with my detox, focus on what my body is doing - not for one moment giving up on myself or my dreams while I am building up the Solstice energy inside of my body to make this the best and most festive season ever.

April

Master Cleanse juice 

No comments:

Post a Comment