April Danann

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527

www.aprildanann.com

Saturday 3 November 2012

Food Resentment and Other Indigestibles...

Today has been an interesting food day - I went to the busy English Market in Cork to do a bit of a wander around. It is a lovely and lively market place where you can buy nearly anything organic and non.

Today as I wandered around enjoying the scenery my mind was of course thinking about food, what to make for our dinner and perhaps what other goodies to make as this celebration week winds down to a close tomorrow. 

But for some strange reason I kept thinking about some of the negative sides to dietary change and making lifestyle improvements overall. This is something a person does for themselves and their families overall better health, right?

It doesn't have much of anything to do with anyone outside of your own home. And let's face it, even if you were invited out to dinner with people who don't happen to subscribe to your way of eating - there are ways around everything. Right?

So, why are there people who would stop at nothing to sabotage your eating, diet, nutrition changes and healthy endeavours? I don't know about you, but I have repeatedly come across these people who have done everything from show up at my home with a pan of chicken (I was vegan at the time) and be very insulted when I didn't eat it. Then have another person state outright that I was 'making everyone else look bad, so just stop trying to live so healthy'.

Seriously. Those words have actually been said to me. I had just gotten over MRSA at the time and had no choice but to stay on the path to regain my health. The thing to be pointed out here is that these other people make your lifestyle about them....

And for some reason health and the pursuit of it is something to be envied. For the life of me I don't know why - food resentment exists and is a very real phenomenon in our society. It appears to go hand in hand with black magic and processed food.... 

Now there's a link to be explored more fully! Onwards and Upwards

April 


Lemon & Butter Scones - going, going, gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment