April Danann

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527

www.aprildanann.com

Wednesday 10 October 2012

Creating a food legacy.... The Change Starts with You

One of the things I hope I am getting across here is the fact that we can enjoy great food which doesn't cost too much - but saves you plenty in the end because your health improves. Another point I hope to be making is how easy it is to remove processed foods, sugar, chemicals and other unnecessary nasties from your food chain.

As human being living on this planet never before in our life times of millions of years have we been faced with so much food, and nothing decent to eat. But what is worse 'now' is how so many of us go blindly forward eating all the rubbish shoved into our faces. 

Seemingly without question.

The funny thing is I remember the days when I just ate what was in front of me, or convenient easy to prepare food. Without giving it much thought - I can't even remember if I tasted anything. It seems to me now that everything tasted the same. 

Perhaps because now I have a clean palate and can actually taste and smell very precisely the dishes I am preparing - my food tastes very different to me. Things are sharper, sweeter, crisper or something along those lines. 

Once I had removed the stimulants such as sugar and caffeine - my body calmed down enough for me to make some more rational decisions about the rest of my life. Then once I removed medicated foods such as cow's milk, tap water and meats - my digestion changed almost as fast as my outlook.

I am a person who believes when something is removed something better should be replacing it - when you take sugar away from the diet, other healthy sweet options take their place. Caffeine is a drug and I do not choose to be under the influence of anything - when this went out I found dandelion coffee and have never looked back.

Making significant changes to your diet is no longer a matter of choice - this is an issue of health, well-being and commitment to pursuing a higher path (for those going that way). But just because you should take diet and lifestyle more seriously doesn't mean you will compromise on taste or eat lettuce for the rest of your life.

I have never eaten better food, been so well nourished, felt as fit, healthy and well or been as tuned in to myself and my family as I am at this moment. And I know without a doubt it all comes down to my faith in the food I eat.

It has taken me years to get here - because I did not know enough to eat better and from years of living like that (even at an early age) I could not discern any difference. The best part of living this way, is my children are learning how and what to eat and will grow up to be fit and healthy adults.

 Can't beat a legacy like that! 

April

Me and my daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment