April Danann

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527

www.aprildanann.com

Wednesday 3 October 2012

Now in 3rd Month - Processed Food Free!

Today I have been getting caught up with all my jars - I have loads of them by now (after all these years!) and keep all of our dry foods in them. I love this system because I can see at a glance what needs filling up and things to make. Stock taking is very easily done.

Yesterday I made some muesli to fill up the empty jars, today I have been busy with salted roasted cashews for the weekend, bread for tomorrow and topping up half empty jars with seeds, nuts and flour. It is a nice system when you keep up with it and make your own foods to fill the jars.

I like that each jar contains the raw ingredients to make the foods we love as well as some of the finished products - or the fruits of my labour! I find that managing such a system only takes minutes each week once it was set up.

Key to absolutely everything in life - achieving something worthwhile at least, is a good level of organization as well as commitment. Following a lifestyle where you are preparing and consuming non processed whole foods is an investment in health and longevity, for everyone in the family.

I have said it many times - eating and living this way is our health insurance, our life insurance and an absolute guarantee that whatever our bodies (and our lives) throw our way, it can and will be handled with relative ease.

We are now into the third month of completely processed-food free living, having removed the 8 or 9 products that stubbornly worked their way into our diets. And I am always looking at each of us, examining our life, for evidence of any changes or difference.

I seem to do this about once a month - a little stock taking (the same with my jars! LOL) - these past few days I have noticed my skin is even smoother and softer then it was before. I had another complement on my hair again today - it looks healthy, why don't I have any grey hair, and have I done something different. 

As well, I am finding it easier to know when I am full, I probably eat less and I feel less resistance to doing the things I need to do. I can feel the old processed foods working their way out of my system as my mind gains clarity!

Not a bad place to be, the effort is well worth it! 

Have a processed food free day...

April 

1 comment:

  1. Electronic Funds Transfer - ACHPC can provide dedicated electronic funds transfer service without regard to other programs and competition for financial or personnel resources.
    ACH Processing

    ReplyDelete