April Danann

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527

www.aprildanann.com

Friday 19 October 2012

Walnut Apple Muffins - Lovely Autumn Treat!

Today has been a busy one for me - I did manage to get in some cooking though - this is my one favourite activity that I find so relaxing, or perhaps fulfilling is the best word to use here. On the days I don't cook I feel as if something is missing.

And no, it doesn't seem to matter that right now I am fasting and not eating solid foods - I still love to create these dishes in the kitchen and see how they turn out. I always thought it would bother me, but I am must be made of stronger stuff! Once my mind is made up, that is it, I see something through to the end.

Well, today I made some hazelnut butter which always turns out lovely - this is such an easy nut butter to make. I mean you hardly have to do anything - lightly roast the hazelnuts in the oven for 9 minutes, rub the skins off and then buzz them in the blender for a few minutes.

Voila! There is the most wonderful nut butter you can ever imagine - I have enough for the next couple of  weeks on hand right now and hope to make some nut butter cookies with it next week. Or maybe some other new recipe?

Then later today I decided to use up some goat's milk in the fridge and make muffins (I had already made bread in the morning). I wanted a nice rich taste for this time of year and settled on walnut and apple with lots of spices thrown in for good measure.

At this point I am so used to baking I just start throwing ingredients in and get going with the recipes! For these muffins I used white and whole grain spelt flour, 1 cup of ground linseeds, the usual baking soda, salt, cinnamon, apple sauce, milk and maple syrup.

This was such a simple little recipe and whipped up in minutes - they were done in 18 minutes and of course smelled great!. Got a thumbs up from my little girl and the dog who got the one that hit the floor!

April

Walnut apple muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment