April Danann

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527

www.aprildanann.com

Sunday 14 October 2012

Regular detoxing - a healthy relationship with food

Today is Day 1 of my Master Cleanse for October - so I didn't do much of any cooking and no eating for me until 12 days from now. The first day of any MC, I always spend sipping only water or herbal teas. 

I will start with the MC juice either tomorrow or Tuesday. I really enjoy this little clean out and besides my body takes a couple of days to adjust into detox mode. That's when the real work begins, not that it hasn't already!

I can honestly say I don't know how everyone doesn't live like this - my body gets a good clean out, repair, replenishment and healing takes place on every level and I always feel great after a cleanse. But, my house gets a clear out too, the kitchen will be reorganized, tidied and sorted and much more. 

Careful planning and thought goes into where things should be, creating better flow and ease of food preparation as well as finding better ways to store my kitchen gadgets. I really enjoy the down time -- for those who have been following along with my other detoxes, this is truly a creative time for me!

So, today has been enjoyable, I started in this morning and have not really stopped yet - even the windows were done today. It was such a beautiful sunny day (for the most part) that we were able to accomplish a lot.

The same with these past few weeks - I have been putting a lot of effort into concocting new recipes and revamping some old ones to suit our needs here. I have made some lovely dishes and played around quite a bit in the kitchen. 

Some of my favorites have been Rosemary Lamb Cobbler, Sheeps Cheese & Duck Egg Pie and my very own homemade dandelion coffee (we dug up dandelion roots, roasted them and made our own coffee). 

It just seems that whatever is made with love and from the spirit of wanting to have a healthy relationship with your food - tastes so much better!

April


Coconut balls and dandelion coffee - a favourite around here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment